I am in trouble. Bloggy trouble……
On day 20 of this challenge of Getting Things Done! I told you my finale week would be a week of painting. Painting the woodwork in my house white. A lot of woodwork, a lot of painting.
Day 21 was still an entertaining episode in this challenge as I got another project done: my bird feed chandelier. But day 22 and day 23 have all been about this painting project. And I fear so will day 24 until day 30 be.
So what am I going to blog about?????????????????????????
I’ll have to figure that one out. But for now, let me give you a little progress report.
Yesterday the real work started with all the prep work. Washing, sanding, washing again, taping, covering, you know the drill. And we hit the first problem straight away. See those bubbles and cracks in that paint work above?
We have been living with them for 8 years. When we moved in this window already had minor bubbles in the paint. We knew that was not a good sign but there was so much to do then, that we decided to take a chance and just paint over them.
It just got worse.
So yesterday when I touched that cracked paint this happened:
Big pieces of paint falling down, revealing bare wood. It seems as if someone sometime forgot to prime this wood. Of course in between the cracks the wood was sticking like crazy, so we were really questioning what to do. In the end my Love decided that he did not want to live with bubbles and cracks for another eight years so he decided to make that whole panel of wood bare.
It took him almost all day. In spite of the cracks, this paint was hanging on for dear life. He had to use every trick in the book to reveal all that wood again.
In the mean time I went on with the prepping of all the other windows and doors in our living room.
Today I could finally pick up the paint brush.
And it is starting to look white. This is the front window with only a coat of primer.
And this is that same spot that my Love worked so hard on. The wood was only bare for a few hours and now there are two coats of primer covering it.
Painting windows and doors with windows, really is a slow process. There is so much that needs slow and steady instead of fast and furious. But I am glad I no longer need to tape the windows because that would take even more time to do right.
So there you have it. I am getting things done! Except for one door all the yellow has already left my living room. And even though this is just a coat of primer I already think it looks so much better.
On to the next step……
I am writing a series of 31 days to Get it Done! You can find all the posts in this series here.
On the first day I explained in detail what this series is about and what I am going to do, find that post and all the posts since then in order here.
If you liked this post enter your email address to subscribe to post updates or my newsletter via email: